WHY YOU’RE NOT OUTSOURCING YOUR BUSINESS/MARKETING COPYWRITING
- Cost – you worry that a professional writer will cost too much
- Subject Matter Expertise (SME) – the copywriter may not know that much about the sector your business operates in and you’ll need to take time out of your busy schedule to do a lengthy briefing
- Quality – what if they just don’t do a satisfying job?
- ROI – it’s tricky to put ‘metrics’ on the business impact of written copy.
I read a lot of marketing communications, from design agency ‘mission statements’, artists personal statements to editorial pieces written about our clients and associates. Some of the work is outstandingly good and highly engaging – and some of it…really isn’t, and that makes a very negative business impact.
THE TRANSFORMATIVE BENEFITS OF HIRING A PROFESSIONAL COPYWRITER
- Free up time – spend it on the work you’re great at and focus on what your business actually does – including developing products or services and spending more time talking to existing and potential prospects to drive more revenue.
- Professional writer – this is what they do. They know what questions to ask to learn about you, your business, target market, and industry. A good copywriter will do the due diligence piece with the minimum business disruption to ‘channel’ you and your agreed tone of voice in their writing.
- A fresh perspective – even if you enjoy doing some of the writing for your business, introducing a new voice shows integrity. Consider allowing a copywriter to review and refresh your existing business copy so they can challenge and weed out anything that is out of date or doesn’t align with your core brand values.
- Value for money – the content your copywriter creates has multi-channel potential. It can easily be re-purposed e.g. a great blog post can be used for social media from a Linkedin Pulse post to ‘dripping out’ quotes on Twitter to drive traffic back to the original blog post on your website. The copywriting could also be re-formatted for a marketing video script, insight paper or a chapter for an e-book.